Our FLASHPOINT of the week is Thursday’s: “Be bold. Be courageous. Live a more fulfilled life.” We talk about courage, digging deep, and our tip of the week is how to build a world class team. Week 31 is now done – congratulations!
Impactful FLASHPOINT(s) of the Week:
Topics discussed – courage and digging deep :
- The FLASHPOINT of the week, which was Thursday’s.
- The “SpeakEasy” dinner series was announced, the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Keep your eyes and ears open!
- This is one of the most important FLASHPOINTS of the year! Because we can get sucked into living a life of mediocrity due to fear.
- Integrity is impossible without courage. And we must dig deep on just about any goal that’s worthwhile to achieve, and that requires courage.
- We have everything inside of us to achieve what we want.
- If you want a juicy peach, you’ve got to give it what it needs, the right fuel. If we want to be great people, we’ve got to feed ourselves what’s needed, the right nutrients, the training, the disciplines.
Tip of the Week – how to build a world class team:
- How to build a world class team:
1. Hire people with the appropriate strengths and get people to work in those strengths.
2. Develop a culture of entrepreneurship and accountability.
3. Give people time off, space, and some flexibility.
4. Have strategic team retreats, as often as two days each session, twice a year, to develop a culture of trust and teamwork. At least do an afternoon if you’re just getting started.
5. Offer continual and constant feedback. The results of the annual performance review shouldn’t be a surprise to a team member. Inspect what you expect, and catch people doing something right!
- Checkout our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/flashpoints365 and our twitter at https://twitter.com/flashpoints365
- Email us if you want more information: feedback[at]flashpoints365.com.